The past 6 weeks have been very busy....I got married and went on my honeymoon, so I did not have time to work on any drawings. Since then I have been busy with post wedding crap, car accidents, and everyday life. I just realized that the deadline for submitting my sketchbook to The Sketchbook Project was fast approaching, so I had to get to work.
The theme was "fears" so I decided to just do a literal interpretation and draw things that people are afraid of. I played around with different mediums (charcoal is NOT my friend) and styles. Some drawings I worked on for no longer than 1 minute, while others I worked on for hours. Some turned out really well, and some just did not. Seeing as the reason for this blog is to show my progression, I will be posting the good with the bad.
This is the 1st page of the book. Overall it's not the worst thing I did, but I did have a lot of trouble drawing flames. I used several different pencils from a B to 8B.
The next drawing of a jail cell was done using a single sepia pencil. I should have used a ruler to get the lines straight and keep the perspective.
"Bugs" was done using black calligraphy ink and a crow quill pen. I haven't really worked with this medium before. I think it could have been a cool effect, but the paper was too thin to handle the ink and the pen was tearing right through the paper.